Designed by architect Michael Graves in 1985, this kettle is the first of a group of products designed in the '80s and '90s by the architect. This was the first group of products by an American designer to be included in the Alessi catalog. It opened the way for the playful design style that subsequently characterized the 90's, and thanks to an inspired mix of post-modern and pop idioms, it has become one of the internationally recognized icons of the '80s. Still the best seller since its introduction, the kettle is actually the product that has sold the greatest number of units in the history of the company. The body is in 18/10 stainless steel with a handle and whistling bird in PA. Both whistling birds and lids can be replaced. Magnetic steel bottom suitable for induction cookingFEATURES:
- A beautiful little bird adorns the spout of this kettle and whistles when contents boil
- Designed in 1985 by Michael Graves; crafted with an 18/10 stainless-steel body
- Handle and whistle in durable PA resin; choose from blue or ivory handles
- Wider base lets water boil more quickly, making it a favorite for busy, modern-day users
- Measures 8-1/2 inches in diameter and 9 inches high; hand wash only; both whistling bird and lid can be replaced.
Material: Stainless Steel
Item Dimensions LxWxH: 8.5 x 8.5 x 9 inches