Thatch is a layer of built-up organic material (grass clippings and dead roots) between the top growth of grass and the root system. Too much thatch can create a barrier that keeps moisture and air from reaching the roots, stunting your lawn's health. A tine dethatcher uproots dead grass and large clippings, as well as dislodges compact dirt for better planting.
Use the Brinly 48-inch tow-behind dethatcher in the spring and fall to help gently remove the thatch that can harm your grass. Once thatch is pulled to the surface, it can be easily mulched or collected. The ideal tractor attachment for large yards, the working width extracts thatch in 48-inch-wide swaths. The unique inline transport wheels easily cross paved areas, minimize footprint width, and facilitate leveling. While raking your yard can be back-breaking and time-consuming work, using the Brinly Pull-Behind Dethatcher cuts job time and lets you get back to your weekend.
- Maximum Thatch Removal: For larger mowers and lawns, a 48" working width and 2 rows of 12 independently flexing spring steel tines comb through a lawn, lifting thatch up and out of the lawn where it can be mowed or mulched to promote a healthier root system.
- Ideal for Large Yards: Wide 48" working width is perfect for larger mowers or bigger greenspaces - covering more ground for quicker results.
- Long-Lasting Construction: In all-steel construction, tines are made of durable spring steel; in the unlikely event of a breakage, a safety rod is included to catch the tine and prevent contact with mower blades. No flat rubber-tread transport wheels for durability.
- Transport Wheels: 8" never-flat transport wheels are located behind and in line with the tray to minimize footprint width and facilitate leveling.
- Spring Steel Tines: 24 long-lasting, triple-coil strength 3/16″ diameter spring steel tines stay flexible and guarantee performance.
- Universal Hook-Up: A single, heavy-duty universal hitch pin is included to easily attach the Dethatcher to any rider or tractor and most any ZTR or ATV.
- Simple Assembly: Includes an easy pictorial assembly manual. Assembly video is also available on Brinly's YouTube channel.
- Made in the USA: Trusted Since 1839, Brinly-Hardy Company has been dedicated to providing quality, durable, and innovative Lawn & Garden Products built in the USA.
- Brand: Brinly
- Dimensions: 38 x 48 x 12 Inches
- Weight: 37.60 Pounds
- Color: Matte Black
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Cutting Width: 48 Inches